1) First clean and oil your grill to prevent sticking.
2) Heat your grill until it is very hot, above 400°F, and mist or rub both sides of the fish with a high-heat oil and your favorite herbs and spices. Even using just oil with salt, pepper, and lemon tastes amazing!
3) If there is skin on the fish, keep it on to help hold the fish together. Put the fish skin side down on the grill and top with olive oil and seasonings even if it's just salt and pepper. Flip it before the fish is fully cooked. No skin, no worries. Sear each side just the same.
4) Continue cooking until the center's temperature reaches between 130 and 135°F; it will continue to heat up to around 140°F while it rests. If you like your salmon on the rare side, take it off at 120°F. Don't overcook it; the fish will dry out. It takes about 10 minutes of grilling for every inch of thickness.
5) For a fail-safe way to cook fish on the grill, wrap it in foil, alone or with vegetables.
6) Don’t forget to squeeze a little lemon onto the fish before serving.
7) Savor every bite of this nutrient-packed, omega-3 loaded fish!