1) Heat waffle iron to medium-high heat.
2) Combine chickpeas, yogurt, oil, milk, pitted dates, and eggs in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Double check that any pits and the ends of the dates are removed, because the pits are so hard that they may ruin your blender.
3) In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, sea salt, and baking powder and mix well. Pour the chickpea mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. There will still be some lumps of flour here and there. Don't over stir.
4) Spray heated waffle iron with cooking oil spray and add batter.
5) Cook waffles until light brown. Makes 24 waffle squares. Top with cooked-down fruit syrup, pure maple syrup, and additional yogurt as desired.