1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat two 12-cup muffin tins with cooking spray.
2) In a medium bowl combined the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
3) In a large bowl mix together the real maple syrup/raw honey mix, applesauce, eggs, pumpkin and vanilla until well combined using an electric mixer. Gently fold in the flour and kefir in two alternating batches. Do not overmix.
4) Using a standard ice cream scoop, fill each muffin cup with batter. Dollop each cup of pumpkin batter with 1 heaping spoon of the cream cheese filling mixture. Using a knife, give each muffin batter a quick swirl to spread filling through the muffin and give it a swirl appearance.
5) Bake for about 12 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool and for a few minutes and then enjoy!
1) Mix cream cheese and maple syrup or powdered sugar together with a fork or wire whisk.