Soba Soup Directions
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles and cook according to the package instructions, usually for 3 to 5 minutes (be careful not to overcook them). Drain the noodles and cool them under cold running water.
2) In a saucepan combine the dashi stock, soy sauce, mirin, honey, and shiitakes (optional). Place the pot over high heat and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add the white portion of the green onions, carrots and snow peas and cook until crisp-tender.
3) Meanwhile, divide the noodles between four bowls. Place a portion of cooked salmon into each bowl along with some radish slices (both optional). Ladle the soup mixture into each bowl. Top with the remaining green onions.
4) This is also terrific with a poached egg, toasted sesame seed, and furikake seasoning added to each bowl. Enjoy your new adventure!
Dashi Stock Directions
1) Place the ginger, kombu and water into a large pot and place over medium-high heat.
2) Once the water has a few bubbles around the edges, turn off the heat and set a timer for 10 minutes. At the end of 10 minutes remove the Kombu from the water and discard it.
3) Turn the heat back on and once again when bubbles start to appear at the edges, turn off the heat and add the bonito flakes.
4) Set a timer for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, strain the stock into a bowl, discard the bonito flakes and clean out the pot.