1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prepare two donut pans (six donuts each) with nonstick spray or oil.
2) Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
3) In a food processor or high powered blender, add chickpeas, cooked sweet potato, yogurt, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla. Blend on high until smooth and chickpeas are thoroughly ground up.
4) Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
5) Pour batter into prepared donut pans about 3/4 full. Place filled donut pans in the oven and bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until just cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, and then invert onto a rack and cool.
6) Dust with powdered sugar or decorate. Cream cheese sweetened with maple syrup makes a nice topping as well as melted dark chocolate chips. Sprinkle crushed dehydrated strawberries over cream cheese topping to add another flavor and color combination. Be creative, and enjoy!