1) Preheat over to 400 degrees F. Prepare sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
2) Wash and cut sweet potatoes in wedges. Make the orange potatoes close in size, and the purple sweet potatoes just a bit thicker so they all finish together.
3) Add potato wedges to a bowl. Mix the avocado oil (or regular olive oil) with the potatoes, distributing the oil well on the potatoes. Don't be tempted to pour oil on the pan. Mixing the wedges with the oil in a bowl first allows you to use less oil with better distribution.
4) Add salt and pepper to the bowl of potatoes and mix well.
5) Spread out potatoes wedges on an extra-large sheet pan prepared with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Make sure not of the potatoes are touching or are too close so they roast instead of steam.
6) Cook about 30 minutes or until wedges brown on the edges and are tender. If your wedges are thin, they may finish cooking faster than 30 minutes. Check the potatoes after 20 minutes o access their progress. You could even turn them after 20 minutes if you want normalization on both sides of the potato wedges. I don't bother to do that extra step, but feel free.
7) Serve while hot and enjoy!